Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Gladys Joins 4 Luv of Dog Rescue


Hi everyone!   Although I am four months old, I'm just a 4-month old baby girl and they are calling me Gladys. 

Life is beginning to look up for me, my 2 brothers and Daddy'O!   We were surrendered to 4 Luv of Dog Rescue in Fargo, ND because we were really sick and had never had any veterinary care whatsoever.  I'm super sad that 3 of my brothers and sisters had already crossed the Rainbow Bridge before the Rescue got the rest of us.   

My brothers and I are in pretty bad shape still.  We have something called Demodex mange (I think that's the words I keep hearing).  It got really really bad because we didn't get any medicine or treatment.  Nothin' but Neosporin was all we had been treated with before, and that just did NOT do the trick and then the Demodex mange made a lot of my hair fall out, and my skin get all infected.   But now the nice Rescue people have taken us to the Dr. and I have to take medicine a couple of times a day PLUS  <roll eyes> and I have goopy ointment put in my eyes 3x daily.  (It makes it really blurry and hard to see for awhile when they do that.)  It's because my eyes had ulcers on them because of the mange.

So it's been a busy week for me so far:  
  • Saturday Jan. 5, I was rescued.  
  • Monday, Jan. 7, I went to see the veterinarian.  
  • Tuesday, Jan. 8, I got to go to my foster home. 
My brothers and Dad are in foster homes now too and we are all working on getting better.  Although I am the smallest of my pug family, I think I have the biggest appetite.  But it's probably a good thing that I'm a "healthy eater" coz I am kinda scrawny. (You can see how little I am in the picture below coz I fit in my foster dad's hands!)

My foster home has a little dog that wants to play with me really bad I think, but I just lay down and take a nap and he leaves me alone.  Someday I will give him a run for his money.  There's also a couple of bigger foster sisters here and the little guy tells me that they kinda rule the roost.  I don't think we'll have any problems though because I am happy.just.being.

I will try to let you guys know now and again how it's going. I can't tell you how thankful I am for all of the helping hands so far!   Good night and ttyl!

2 comments: