Sunday, January 27, 2013

Puggin' in to say Hi

The family here doesn't let me have much computer time so please forgive the "few and far between" posts.  But here I am now and I'll try and give you a little recap of what's been going on with my new life.

A week ago, me and my sister Ivy and brothers Mowak and Giz and daddy'o Spike had a veterinarian appointment.  I weighed just over 6 lbs at that time, so still just the wittle sister, but Mohawk didn't weigh a whole lot more than me.  Our Big Brother Giz topped the scales at over 11 lbs!!   The good news is that my eyes are much better now so that goopy ointment in the eyes can stop.  I still have to be given those baths though every couple of days.  That is certainly NOT my most favorite part of the day.  Also they apply some cleaner stuff to my face folds and ears every day, but that only takes a minute so not so bad.  Not like those baths where I have to shiver for 10 full minutes with the shampoo on.  But it's supposed to help my skin heal and does help with the itching.

Beauty comes with a price.


Did I mention I live in ND and it's freezing up here ??  Brrrr ... my Auntie Theresa (another 4 Luv of Dog Foster) came over last week and brought me a red thermal underwear shirt to wear when it's chilly.   It is amazingly comfortable and comes in handy when I have to go outside.


Here I am modeling my new red long-john shirt.  
I think it's my color if I do say so myself.

In general though, I am feeling better and better every day and starting to run and play with the other 3 dogs that live here.  After a rousing game of chase, if I'm lucky and someone's actually sitting on the couch, I can snuggle up a bit for some tv time.  But the people here don't sit and watch tv much so I'm take it when I can get it.

Frankly, I don't even care what's on tv.  I just like this couch/lap thing.

I still have to take oral medication every day and if nothing unusual is going on, I won't have to go to the veterinarian again for another month or so when they'll do a recheck.   They'll also talk about my nose again I imagine.  I'm told I may need a little surgery there, but we will wait just a bit and see if I outgrow it.

Thank you everyone for caring about me and my family, and for all of your help and generosity.  I wouldn't be here without all of you!!  

XO,  Gladys

No comments:

Post a Comment